Endeavor—a global non-profit organization with an award-winning/innovative model for private-sector development—seeks a dynamic professional to join its’ operations in Athens, Greece, as Entrepreneur Selection & Growth Associate.
To apply for this position send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Established in 1997, Endeavor ( www.endeavor.org ) is a global nonprofit organization leading the High-Impact Entrepreneurship movement around the world. High-Impact Entrepreneurs – those with the biggest ideas and most scalable businesses – are widely recognized as the key drivers of long-term economic growth, job creation, and innovation. High-Impact Entrepreneurs have the potential to change their countries and the world. Many of these High-Impact Entrepreneurs, however, face various barriers in attempting to grow their business. Endeavor provides the support system and resources necessary to overcome these challenges and help them scale, including access to world-class mentors, smart capital, and global markets.
Endeavor has set the standard for selecting, mentoring, and accelerating entrepreneurs with the greatest potential for creating impact. In 23 years, Endeavor has screened and provided feedback to 50,000+ candidates and selected 2000+ High-Impact Entrepreneurs from 1200+ companies. Mentored by our growing network of 4,000+ top local and global business leaders, these entrepreneurs have created over 3M+ high-value jobs and generated more than $20 billion in revenue last year.
The World Economic Forum, the Clinton Global Initiative, Harvard Business School, Stanford Graduate School of Business, Fast Company, Time, Forbes and The Wall Street Journal , as well as iconic entrepreneurs including Michael Dell, eBay’s Pierre Omidyar, and LinkedIn’s Reid Hoffman, have recognized Endeavor for its innovative and results-driven approach. Headquartered in New York City, Endeavor has offices in 37 countries around the world. In Greece, Endeavor has been active since 2012, supporting 31 High-Impact entrepreneurs from various verticals such as Workable, Hellas Direct, Blueground, Softomotive, Matternet, Ergon and others. The Endeavor Greece entrepreneurs have created over 3,800 jobs across the country, generating more than €340 million in revenues and attracting investments exceeding €120M this year, while they have presence in 95 countries worldwide, through exports and business activities.
Endeavor has developed a unique platform for jumpstarting High-Impact Entrepreneurship around the world. Endeavor Greece is searching to add to its’ team a top-caliber professional with 1-3 years of experience who is passionate about entrepreneurship and shares Endeavors’ vision to support entrepreneurs to catalyze growth and change in Greece. The Entrepreneur Selection & Growth Associate has the opportunity to leave a lasting imprint on the entrepreneurial landscape of Greece and the region for years to come.
Position: Associate, Entrepreneur Selection & Growth
Location: Athens, Greece
Reports to: Entrepreneur Selection & Growth Manager
Works with: Endeavor Global, Members of the local network, Endeavor Entrepreneurs, Endeavor Candidates, Mentors, Endeavor Partners
Objective: Identify and select Greece-based High-Impact Entrepreneurs. Support and service
selected entrepreneurs through access to capital, markets and talent.
(1). Support Endeavor Greece’s Search & Selection Process:
• Develop expertise in strategic industry verticals and proactively screen high-potential entrepreneurs running companies with EUR500,000 – EUR50 million in annual sales
• Leverage Endeavor’s network of business leaders, investors, entrepreneurs, academics and journalists to “nominate” potential candidates
• Assess companies’ growth potential, critical challenges, and the entrepreneurial capacity and mindset of the team
• Draft company overviews and detailed case studies to be used at Endeavor’s Local and International Selection Panels. These case studies analyze business concepts, innovation, growth potential and management teams
• Support entrepreneurs through the selection process through mentor research and outreach, meeting coordination and detailed note-taking
• Prepare and train entrepreneurs for Local and International Selection Panels
• Maintain an ongoing pipeline of potential entrepreneur candidates
(2). Accelerate Entrepreneur Impact through Endeavor Services:
• Build deep relationships with local High-Impact Endeavor Entrepreneurs
• Help Endeavor Greece Entrepreneurs grow faster and more effectively by anticipating and proactively managing their needs and required services
• Design, develop, and manage all aspects of the support given to entrepreneurs including advisory boards, mentorship sessions with advisors and investors, and other strategic services related to talent and investment
• Provide support in event, partner, and network services by helping event lead, involvement in partner communication and reporting, familiarizing oneself with entrepreneur portfolios to support calls, suggesting collaborations, and researching potential connections for companies.
• Contribute to overall management by supporting with the logistics of recruiting, running reports and dashboards regularly to monitor service delivery, and familiarizing oneself with Endeavor’s existing network.
• Independently facilitate efficient meetings with entrepreneurs through clear objectives and effectively structured discussions as well as strong relationships.
• Monitor accounts and ensure that entrepreneurs are aware of programs and opportunities offered by Endeavor, and proactively suggest relevant services.
• Work with Endeavor Global NY headquarters and other Endeavor affiliate offices to provide selected entrepreneurs with additional support and resources from Endeavor’s network
(3). Support the Entrepreneur Selection & Growth team:
• Ensure that company profiles are completed on time and are of the highest quality
• Ensure that Endeavor Greece provides maximum value to its’ High-Impact Entrepreneurs
(4). Increase Endeavor’s brand awareness and leadership position
• Assume an active role in Endeavor Greece’s marketing and positioning activities, providing input into MarComms strategy and messaging, acting as an ambassador of the organization and contributing to the blog, social media, press events and general publicity of Endeavor Greece
• Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of relevant work experience (consulting, investment banking, private equity, business development, corporate development)
• Strong writing and analytical skills
• Exceptional business acumen: ability to identify and evaluate world-class entrepreneurs and companies
• Strong work ethic
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in and manage a team
• Entrepreneurial personality and capacity to achieve significant results with limited resources
• Self-starter and ability to work independently in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills both in English and Greek
• Highly motivated, focused, creative, flexible, organized, and able to balance multiple priorities
• Connecting personality, focus on servicing and managing multiple accounts, interacting with entrepreneurs, executives and mentors, providing value for all engaged stakeholders
• Passion about entrepreneurship, business, economics and international development
• Knowledge of the economic and business climate, activities and trends in Greece
• Flexibility and willingness to travel
• Strong computer software proficiency on MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) is required, while familiarity with business software products (GSuite, Salesforce etc) will be considered a plus.
What we offer
• Dynamic work environment in a highly qualified team
• Access to international professionals in 30+ countries
• Access to High-Impact entrepreneurs and corporate executives
• Extensive development opportunities
• Opportunity to have a significant impact on the developing local entrepreneurship ecosystem
• Competitive compensation package
Compensation: Aligned with a non-profit organization, Endeavor Greece offers a competitive base salary, bonus, and benefits package commensurate with experience.
If you are interested in this challenging, position and enjoy working with a dynamic team, please send us your CV and a cover letter in English at email@example.com. All applications will be treated strictly confidential.