Endeavor—a global non-profit organization with an award-winning/innovative model for private-sector development—seeks a dynamic professional to join its’ operations in Athens, Greece, as Entrepreneur Selection & Growth Manager.
Visit www.endeavor.gr.org to learn more about Endeavor Greece’s recent developments.
To apply for this position send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
The Organization Established in 1997, Endeavor (www.endeavor.org) is a global nonprofit organization leading the High-Impact Entrepreneurship movement around the world. High-Impact Entrepreneurs – those with the biggest ideas and most scalable businesses – are widely recognized as the key drivers of long-term economic growth, job creation, and innovation. High-Impact Entrepreneurs have the potential to change their countries and the world. Many of these High-Impact Entrepreneurs, however, face various barriers in attempting to grow their business. Endeavor provides the support system and resources necessary to overcome these challenges and help them scale, including access to world-class mentors, smart capital, and global markets.
Endeavor has set the standard for selecting, mentoring, and accelerating entrepreneurs with the greatest potential for creating impact. In 20 years, Endeavor has screened and provided feedback to 40,000+ candidates and selected 1500+ High-Impact Entrepreneurs from 900+ companies. Mentored by our growing network of 4,000+ top local and global business leaders, these entrepreneurs have created over 650,000+ high-value jobs and generated more than $10 billion in revenue last year.
The World Economic Forum, the Clinton Global Initiative, Harvard Business School, Stanford Graduate School of Business, Fast Company, Time, Forbes and The Wall Street Journal, as well as iconic entrepreneurs including Michael Dell, eBay’s Pierre Omidyar, and LinkedIn’s Reid Hoffman, have recognized Endeavor for its innovative and results-driven approach.
Headquartered in New York City, Endeavor has offices in 28 countries around the world. In Greece, Endeavor has been active since 2012, supporting 21 High-Impact entrepreneurs from various verticals such as Workable, Hellas Direct, BlueGround, FrezyDerm, Green Cola, Ergon and others. The Endeavor Greece entrepreneurs have created over 20,000 jobs across the country, generating more than €251 million in revenues and attracting investments exceeding €105 million, while they have presence in 95 countries worldwide, through exports and business activities.
The Opportunity Endeavor has developed a unique platform for jumpstarting High-Impact Entrepreneurship around the world. Endeavor Greece is searching to add to its’ team a top-caliber professional with 1-3 years of experience who is passionate about entrepreneurship and shares Endeavors’ vision to support entrepreneurs to catalyze growth and change in Greece. The Marketing & Communications Associate has the opportunity to leave a lasting imprint on the entrepreneurial landscape of Greece and the region for years to come.
Position: Associate, Marketing & Communications
Location: Athens, Greece
Reports to: Marketing & Communications Manager
Works with: Endeavor Greece Team, Endeavor Global Marketing Team, Members of the local network, Endeavor Entrepreneurs, Mentors, Endeavor Partners
Objective: To maintain and strengthen Endeavor Greece’s leadership positioning and brand awareness in Greece through developing a comprehensive brand marketing and communications strategy focused on events, outreach and web/social media.
(1). Brand Management:
● Work within Endeavor’s global corporate identity framework to build brand awareness as well as develop relevant collateral materials and marketing activities
● Develop and implement overall branding, marketing, design and communications strategy
● Work closely with partners to design and produce marketing and promotional material
(2). Event Management:
● Maintain an annual events calendar. This includes development and execution of Endeavor managed and branded events as well as supporting Endeavor’s presence and participation in relevant community activities.
● Collaborate with Endeavor Global, local team and stakeholders for the organization, logistics management and communication of events.
(3). Outreach and Thought Leadership:
● Build and maintain contacts in the local press as well as help position Endeavor’s Managing Director, board members and entrepreneurs as effective spokespeople for entrepreneurship in Greece
● Promote Endeavor, Endeavor Greece, entrepreneurs, programs as well as global and local initiatives and activities, in local and international media
● Ensure Endeavor Greece participates and has an active role in events, panel discussions, forums and communities related to entrepreneurship in Greece
(4). Web and Social Media Content:
● Maintain and update Endeavor Greece’s website
● Execute a social media plan
● Track, optimize and act on web/social media analytics.
● Build, maintain and continuously improve Endeavor Greece’s online presence and stakeholder engagement, through all available channels
(5). Partnership Management & Stakeholder Servicing:
● Build, support and engage Endeavor Greece mentors and partners
● Support Endeavor Greece activities through establishing and servicing partnerships with communication synergies, sponsorships and other institutions
● Support Entrepreneur Selection & Growth team in managing relationships with selected Endeavor Entrepreneurs
● Work with Endeavor Global’s NY headquarters and other Endeavor affiliate offices to provide selected entrepreneurs with additional support and resources from Endeavor’s network
● Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of relevant work experience
● Demonstrated creativity in marketing and communications
● Web and social media savvy
● Strong copywriting skills
● Exceptional business acumen: ability to identify and evaluate world-class entrepreneurs and companies
● Strong work ethic
● Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
● Entrepreneurial personality and capacity to achieve significant results with limited resources
● Self-starter and ability to work independently in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment
● Excellent oral and written communication skills both in English and Greek
● Highly motivated, focused, creative, flexible, organized, and able to balance multiple priorities
● Connecting personality, focus on servicing and managing multiple accounts, interacting with entrepreneurs, executives and mentors, providing value for all engaged stakeholders
● Passion about entrepreneurship, business, economics and international development
● Knowledge of the economic and business climate, activities and trends in Greece
● Flexibility and willingness to travel
● Strong computer software and graphics proficiency (Word, Excel, Powerpoint; Photoshop and InDesign knowledge a plus)
What we offer
● Dynamic work environment in a highly qualified team
● Access to international professionals in 30+ countries
● Access to High-Impact entrepreneurs and corporate executives
● Extensive development opportunities
● Opportunity to have a significant impact on the developing local entrepreneurship ecosystem
● Competitive compensation package
Compensation: Aligned with a non-profit organization, Endeavor Greece offers a competitive base salary, bonus, and benefits package commensurate with experience.
If you are interested in this challenging, position and enjoy working with a dynamic team, please send us your CV and a cover letter in English at firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be treated strictly confidential.